qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Bug Day - June 1st, 2010

From: Jamie Lokier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Bug Day - June 1st, 2010
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:57:49 +0100

Michael Tokarev wrote:
> Anthony Liguori wrote:
> []
> > For the Bug Day, anything is interesting IMHO.  My main interest is to
> > get as many people involved in testing and bug fixing as possible.  If
> > folks are interested in testing specific things like unusual or older
> > OSes, I'm happy to see it!
>
> Well, interesting or not, but I for one don't know what to do with the
> results.  There were a thread on kvm@ about sigsegv in cirrus code when
> running winNT. The issue has been identified and appears to be fixed,
> as in, kvm process does not SIGSEGV anymore, but it does not work anyway,
> now printing:
>
>  BUG: kvm_dirty_pages_log_enable_slot: invalid parameters
>
> with garbled guest display.  Thanks goes to Stefano Stabellini for
> finding the SIGSEGV case, but unfortunately his hard work isn't quite
> useful since the behavour isn't very much different from the previous
> version... ;)

A "BUG:" is good to see in a bug report: It gives you something
specific to analyse.  Good luck ;-)

Imho, it'd be quite handy to keep a timeline of working/non-working
guests in a table somewhere, and which qemu versions and options they
were observed to work or break with.

> Also, thanks to Andre Przywara, whole winNT thing works but it requires
> -cpu qemu64,level=1 (or level=2 or =3), -- _not_ with default CPU.  This
> is also testing, but it's not obvious what to do witht the result...

Doesn't WinNT work with qemu32 or kvm32?
It's a 32-bit OS after all.

- Jamie