qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Graphics Device Passthrough

From: Adhyas Avasthi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Graphics Device Passthrough
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 09:49:10 -0700

Hello

(newbie hacker to qemu community, so please excuse novice ignorances)

I wish to pass-through a graphics controller to my Windows 7 VM running on qemu-kvm. I would like it to be PCI-Express (if that works, that is). Are there any recommended devices that I should purchase for this experiment?

I would like the device to also be accessible from my Fedora Core 10 host.

Basically, I wish to have the device pass-through when I run the VM, I then wish to eject the device out of the VM (hot-remove), and then give it back to Fedora Core 10 to use. This is how my experiment is defined. I am looking for suggestions on graphics controllers I should think of purchasing for this experiment. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Adhyas