qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] linux-user mmap bug

From: Edgar E. Iglesias
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] linux-user mmap bug
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 16:57:52 +0200

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 10:39:20AM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On 05/21/2010 09:38 AM, Richard Henderson wrote:
> > I have a patch series that attempts to clean this up, but it
> > isn't quite optimal.  I'll post it for reference, however.
>
> Bah, the patch sequence no longer applies since Paul removed PAGE_RESERVED.

I took a look at the code again and I dont really understand how the
particular case when we get a high address from the kernel while
mmap_min_addr is busy case is supposed to work :/
In fact, for CRIS it never works on my host.

I get a high address that doesnt fit, then the code tries to go back
to mmap_min_addr but if that was busy my kernel just returns the
same addr we got the first try and mmap_find_vma gives -1 due to
repeat.

I changed it locally to keep scanning after a wrap until we succeed to
allocate a chunk or rewrap (SLOW) but at least I can run dynamically
linked CRIS programs again.

Cheers