qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu problem with xp, maybe off topic for this list

From: Kristoffer Gustafsson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu problem with xp, maybe off topic for this list
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 21:44:25 +0200

Hello!
Sorry for mailing about something here that should be on a qemu users forum, but can't find a such one.
I'm having trouble with installing windows xp on my qemu usting linux.
I'm totally blind, so I use unattended xp installation.
Everything gose fine until the final reboot, then the win xp just refuces to start.
what can this be?
I've tried 2 xp:s so it can't be the windows unattended installation that's wrong, but something in qemu
I created images using two guides on the internet.
one is at
http://www.dreamwld.com/qem.txt
I loaded the kqemu module with modprobe kqemu, and then I ran the installation from the iso file.
/Kristoffer

Kristoffer Gustafsson
Trelleborgsvägen 1b
514 33 Tranemo