qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call minutes for June 15

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call minutes for June 15
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 11:13:20 -0500

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 08:18:12AM -0700, Chris Wright wrote:
KVM/qemu patches
- patch rate is high, documentation is low, review is low
- patches need to include better descriptions and documentation
   - will slow down patch writers
   - will make it easier for patch reviewers
What is the qemu patch review policy anyway?

We don't really have a coherent policy. Suggestions for improvement are always appreciated.

   There are no
"Reviewed-by:" included in the actual commits,

Reviewed-by/Ack-by's are pretty helpful for me. In terms of including them in commit messages, if there's a strong feeling that that would be helpful then it's something I can look at doing but it also requires a fair bit of manual work during commit.

  and the requirement
for a positive review also seem to vary a lot, up to the point that
some commiters commit code that has never hit a public mailing list
before.

That really shouldn't happen and if it does, please point it out on the list.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori