qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [CFR 9/10] device_del command

From: Miguel Di Ciurcio Filho
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [CFR 9/10] device_del command
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:48:41 -0300

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Jan Kiszka <address@hidden> wrote:
> Anthony Liguori wrote:
>> device_del
>> ----------
>>
>> Remove a device.
>>
>> Arguments:
>>
>> - "id": the device's ID (json-string)
>
> "id" should become "device" (I hope to send the corresponding patches
> this night). The idea is to not only allow global device IDs but also
> qtree paths here.

Now I'm confused. On a previous email when discussing about
query-netdev, I initially proposed this[1]:

-> { "execute": "query-netdev" }
<- {
      "return": [
         {
            "device": "tap.0",
            "vlan": 0,
            "info": {
               "script": "/etc/qemu-ifup",
               "downscript": "/etc/qemu-ifdown",
               "ifname": "tap0",
               "model": "tap"
            },
         },

And latter on Anthony suggested to replace "device" by "id" [2].

So my doubt is: we should identify guest/frontend devices in QMP using
the word "device" instead of "id" and identify backend devices by
using the word "id"?

Regards,

Miguel

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2010-06/msg00619.html