qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VxWorks kernel for qemu emulating PowerPC?

From: Jason Wessel
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VxWorks kernel for qemu emulating PowerPC?
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:44:04 -0500

On 06/07/2010 04:03 AM, hadi motamedi wrote:
> Dear All
> Can you please let me know if the qemu emulating PowerPC (I mean
> qemu-system-ppc.exe) can accept VxWork kernet for boot up?
> Thank you

As is, the QEMU PowerPC platform will definitely not boot a VxWorks image.

It is possible to boot a VxWorks image using the x86 system emulation.
You would have to create a floppy image and pass that in for your
vx-boot loader.  Unless you are also putting your kernel image on the
floppy, you would need to invoke qemu to use an intel e100 nic and make
sure the VxWorks BSP is configured properly.

Jason.