qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Monitoring memory access

From: Jun Koi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Monitoring memory access
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 18:55:34 +0900

Hi,

I want to monitor memory reading access in Qemu. According to function
tcg/i386/tcg-target.c::tcg_out_qemu_ld(), all the memory access must
call qemu_ld_helpers[] functions, which in turn calls __ldX_mmu
functions.

These __ldX_mmu() functions are declared in softmmu_template.c, with
macro glue(glue(__ld, SUFFIX), MMUSUFFIX).

To monitor memory reading access, I simply put my monitored code at
the top of the above macro. But apparently I still miss something,
because I dont see the memory access I am looking for.

Any hint where I am wrong? Perhaps some memory access do not call the
qemu_ld_helpers[] functions?

Many thanks,
Jun