qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Release of COREMU, a scalable and portable full-system emul

From: Chen Yufei
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Release of COREMU, a scalable and portable full-system emulator
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 18:27:07 +0800

We are pleased to announce COREMU, which is a "multicore-on-multicore"
full-system emulator built on Qemu. (Simply speaking, we made Qemu parallel.)

The project web page is located at:
http://ppi.fudan.edu.cn/coremu

You can also download the source code, images for playing on sourceforge
http://sf.net/p/coremu

COREMU is composed of
1. a parallel emulation library
2. a set of patches to qemu
(We worked on the master branch, commit
54d7cf136f040713095cbc064f62d753bff6f9d2)

It currently supports full-system emulation of x64 and ARM MPcore platforms.

By leveraging the underlying multicore resources, it can emulate up to 255
cores running commodity operating systems (even on a 4-core machine).

Enjoy,

The COREMU Team, Parallel Processing Institute, Fudan University

http://ppi.fudan.edu.cn/system_research_group