qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for July 20

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for July 20
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 18:29:52 +0200

It's a pitty I can't easily attend to this conference call, as it seems
a lot of decisions are taken there. Anyway let me comment the part
concerning 0.12 stable:

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 07:45:51AM -0700, Chris Wright wrote:
> 0.12.stable
> - start w/ git tree + pull requests
> - release process is separate from commit access
> - justin will put up a tree for pull requests
> - there's current backlog, what about that?

I think someone should actively follow the patches committed to HEAD and
backport them when they seems to be stable material. I guess it's what's
Justin plans to do.

OTOH, it might be useful if people sending patches to HEAD adds a small
comment about cherry-picking the patch to stable if it applies.

> - anthony's concern with -stable is the testing (upstream tree gets more
>   testing than -stable)

Debian gets regular uploads with the contents of the -stable tree
between to releases. Also patches from trunk are all cherry-picked from
HEAD.

> - 0.12.5?
>   - planning to do next w/ 0.13 release
>   - aurelien may cut a release

Following the minutes from last week, I sent a call for release, with a
deadline today. I only got the patch series from Kevin. There are
currently 44 patches waiting in the stable tree, so I guess we can go
for a release. I plan to do that later this week if nobody opposes.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net