qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] memory trace with qemu

From: Eduardo Cruz
Subject: [Qemu-devel] memory trace with qemu
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:30:36 -0300

Hello, I need qemu to keep track of all the memory access made by the guest, including read, write and the instruction fetches.
I was using Simics to acomplish this task, but it is very slow.
I need the virtual address, the size of the operation, the cycle number when it happened and if it is a read, write or instruction fetch.
Reading the mail list archives, I saw that the file softmmu_header.h is always called when a read/write happens.
Is that so? Any ideas of how I can record these information with qemu?

Thanks in advance

--
Eduardo Henrique Molina da Cruz
MSc student