qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call agenda for July 27

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: KVM call agenda for July 27
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:42:34 +0300

 On 07/27/2010 07:36 PM, Chris Wright wrote:

If things work there's  no reason for the user to go look at the
logs.  An exclamation point invites clicking.

Even better would be an ABRT plugin, so if something goes
(marginally) wrong, the siren pops up and you're invited to report
the bug.
Despite some of the ABRT growing pains, ABRT plugin seems like a good
idea.  I don't know enough of the plugins to know if that requires
formatted output and just grepping for some known regexps.

It's annoying to us old hands, but it does give that nice integrated system feel that we're missing, and it works even if virt-manager is in the background (or if you don't use virt-manager at all).

Given that there's a kerneloops pluging that presumably does similar parsing, I don't think it's too hard:

$ size /usr/lib64/abrt/libKerneloopsScanner.so
   text       data        bss        dec        hex    filename
18293 1416 16 19725 4d0d /usr/lib64/abrt/libKerneloopsScanner.so