qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Old DGUX Machine and Adaptec SCSI PCI Controller

From: DG UX
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Old DGUX Machine and Adaptec SCSI PCI Controller
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:38:33 +0300

Avi,  It's an AIC-7880 CHIP.
Linux has aic7xxx open source drivers, I am sure one can use those to implement them into Qemu.
Just how "shouldn't be too difficult" should it be? I am sure it'll help a lot of Adaptec users, regardless of DG/UX or other platforms.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 12:45 PM, DG UX <address@hidden> wrote:
It's an AIC-7880 CHIP

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Jes Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
On 07/25/10 21:39, Avi Kivity wrote:
>  On 07/25/2010 04:08 PM, DG UX wrote:
>>
>> Currently, these DGUX machines only support Qlogic and Adaptec, no IDE
>> whatsoever and no LSI.
>> Any way Qemu will support anything like that?
>>
>> I got to know these DGUX machines very well, and know all the logs
>> locations and sys/hw info. If you need anything, including system/boot
>> image, let me know.
>
> You'll need to find the hardware specifications for one of these cards,
> then find/fund someone to implement them.  It shouldn't be too difficult.

An alternative could be to implement a virtio-blk driver for DG UX - not
sure how hard it is to write drivers for that beast, but it might be
simpler than handling all the corner cases of emulating the Adaptec.

Jes