qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Old DGUX Machine and Adaptec SCSI PCI Controller

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Old DGUX Machine and Adaptec SCSI PCI Controller
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 07:55:59 +0300

 On 07/29/2010 10:38 PM, DG UX wrote:
Avi,  It's an AIC-7880 CHIP.
Linux has aic7xxx open source drivers, I am sure one can use those to implement them into Qemu.

That "one" will have to be you. I don't see why anyone else would be interested.

Note that writing a device model based on a driver will only emulate the features used by that driver; other drivers may use other features.

Just how "shouldn't be too difficult" should it be?

If you have a spec, it's just a matter of implementing it register by register.

I am sure it'll help a lot of Adaptec users, regardless of DG/UX or other platforms.

Most Adaptec users will switch to IDE or virtio-blk.

signature is too narrow to contain.