qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Anyone seeing huge slowdown launching qemu with Linux 2

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Anyone seeing huge slowdown launching qemu with Linux 2.6.35?
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 22:24:41 +0300

 On 08/03/2010 10:15 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:

fw_cfg has to be available pretty early on so relying on a PCI device isn't reasonable. Having dual interfaces seems wasteful.

Agree.

We're already doing bulk data transfer over fw_cfg as we need to do it to transfer roms and potentially a boot splash.

Why do we need to transfer roms? These are devices on the memory bus or pci bus, it just needs to be there at the right address. Boot splash should just be another rom as it would be on a real system.

Even outside of loading an initrd, the performance is going to start to matter with a large number of devices.

I don't really see why.

signature is too narrow to contain.