qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu cp15 access

From: Raymes Khoury
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu cp15 access
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 11:27:23 -0700

That patch did not fix my issue. My problem turned out to be due to TLS accesses to cp15 not being allowed by qemu in user mode, even though these are permitted in ARMv6 and above architectures (e.g. see http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ddi0388f/CIHFGFGE.html). This was corrected by patch: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/43797/ which seems to be applied in trunk and will be released in 0.13.0

Thanks.

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 7:23 AM, Loïc Minier <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010, Raymes Khoury wrote:
> I am having the problem with qemu, as described in the post
> http://old.nabble.com/-PATCH:-PR-target-42671--Use-Thumb1-GOT-address-loading-sequence-for--%09Thumb2-td27124497.html
> where
> accessing cp15 on ARM causes an error:

 See mid address@hidden and