qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Unmaintained QEMU builds

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Unmaintained QEMU builds
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:17:10 +0200

Am 12.08.2010 00:12, schrieb Paolo Bonzini:
On 08/11/2010 03:37 PM, Stefan Weil wrote:
With these changes, build succeeds with SDL. For example,
qemu-system-sparc.exe can boot from a Sparc32 CD under Wine.

Yes, that's a possible solution.

You could also take these patches which I sent to qemu-devel:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/49217/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/57532/

The latter change is already in Blue Swirl's patch.

The former is for the setenv issue. Jes Sorensen asked you to make some changes, and you never replied; this is the best way to keep your patch *out* of the tree. Blue Swirl patch is suboptimal with respect to setenv, because the setenv is actually useful under Win32, but I still think it should go in---and then you can fix it in a better way if you want to follow the rules of the community.

Paolo

Hello Paolo,

Jes has an opinion how thinks should be done, and I have a different one.
If you read the complete history, you can see that I suggested a compromise (*)
which would give the same result as Jes' suggestions. Only the steps
to reach this result were different, and I have good reasons why I
prefer my way to do them. Both ways require two commits, so
there would be no difference for the community nor for the
committers.

I did not reply to Jes' last mail because he claims to represent the
community without accepting that others (in this case me) who are
also part of the community might have good reason for their approach, too.
His mail was also very impolite which is one more reason why I
did not reply.

Regards
Stefan

(*) http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2010-07/msg00054.html