qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu as Instruction Set Simulator without any OS

From: Anitha Boyapati
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu as Instruction Set Simulator without any OS
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 08:52:04 +0530

Hi All,

Having gone through the documentation (developers) and source code, I couple of questions:

1. For a microcontroller which doesn't have any OS support, can QEMU be ported without any OS ?
2. Can QEMU be used as a simple instruction set simulator with probably gdb support for remote debugging? My guess is this would require a bootloader to load the application to run the application program (full system emulation mode or just machine emulation if there is something like that). If yes, what else can be the blocker to have gdb support?

It would be great if someone can share their experiences in this regard. Essentially I am trying to see if qemu can be of any use in non-os cases.(Please Cc me)

Thanks
Anitha