qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Unmaintained QEMU builds

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Unmaintained QEMU builds
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 10:57:43 -0500

On 09/05/2010 10:10 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
As a baby step, is there any chance of publishing an automatic nightly Windows (cross-)build as a .zip file on qemu.org? That might give more users a chance of detecting runtime faults during the development cycle.

That's doable and useful, yes.

I doubt it's useful.

We don't have a massive pool of developers sitting on their hands waiting for something else to work on. We don't have myriads of users demanding better Windows support. Search the list, there's almost no one asking questions about Windows and considering that it's missing a ton of features and constantly broken, that strongly suggests that no one is actually using it.

Windows support in QEMU is an academic exercise that's only of interest to developers.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori