qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PCIe Qemu changes for Q35

From: Isaku Yamahata
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PCIe Qemu changes for Q35
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 18:42:11 +0900

On Sun, Sep 05, 2010 at 08:09:18PM -0700, Adhyas Avasthi wrote:
> Hi Isaku
>
> I believe you were working on the Q35 chipset and PCIe emulation for
> the same, and planned to check your code in to the main git. I can use
> some of that work for something I am working on.
> I have not been too active on the mailing list, and might have missed
> your reviews if you have sent already. In that case, please disregard
> my email (and let me know privately).
>
> Otherwise, If you can share your plan of sending the review and
> checking the code, it would give me some idea of when I can expect the
> PCIe changes in the git. I am mostly interested in your PCIe code (and
> not Q35) for now.

The following slide would help.(Maybe you've already check it though.)
http://www.linux-kvm.org/wiki/images/2/2e/2010-forum-Pci-express-in-qemu.pdf

My plan is to get the patches merged for 0.14 release.
As I sent out the patches of pcie port switch today,
the major modification to the pci layer has been sent out.
They will be merged into the main tree soon, I hope.
(Or mst's pci tree at worst)

It depends on other's review how smoothly the patches will be
merged. So If you want to accelerate the merge process,
please review the patches. It will be greatly appreciated.

Once pcie stuff is done, I'll start to post q35 chipset patches.
Right now my public repo for q35 is a bit old because I'd like
to avoid unnecessary rebases.
Once the pcie stuff are merged(i.e. pci layer is stabilized),
I'll rebase it and publish it.

thanks,

> My apologies if I am sounding pushy, I just want to see if your plan
> falls within my requirement schedule and I can use your code.
>
> Awaiting your response.
>
> Thanks,
> Adhyas

> Two types have compatible type if their types are the same.
> ? ? ? ANSI C Standard, 3.1.2.6.

yamahata