qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OMAP3/Beagle board status

From: Andrea Galeazzi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OMAP3/Beagle board status
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 18:02:59 +0200

On 07/09/2010 13:10, Riku Voipio wrote:
On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 12:17:16PM +0200, Andrea Galeazzi wrote:
it seems that also maemo developers give up the beagleboard emulation,
so does anybody know anything about the progress status of the emulation
of it? Is still anyone working on it or does the community aim to
include it in the qemu-system-arm platforms list?
In your opinion which is the closest emulated platform to it at the moment?
Thanks
The omap3/beagle development still continues, now under MeeGo umbrella at:

http://meego.gitorious.org/qemu-maemo/qemu

Freshly added is Beagleboard XM support (featuring 512MB of Ram).

Riku

Thanks for the answer, I'm very happy to know that!
As I read your email I made a checkout of omap3-rebase and I built the project. Then I tried to follow the steps explained in http://vm-kernel.org/blog/2008/12/15/linux-is-running-on-qemu-omap3/ but I think is out-of-date, in particular I don't find the script to write the nand flash (bb_nandflash.sh).
Could you tell me the right procedure to start the kernel image please?
Let me do just another question: Is the support of the LCD Controller completed?
Cheers