qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [rfc 0/3] arm : dynamically choose initrd load address

From: Daniel Lezcano
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [rfc 0/3] arm : dynamically choose initrd load address
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 13:47:16 +0200

On 09/06/2010 04:12 PM, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
Hi all,

after compiling my kernel on the arm architecture I was not able to
start it because qemu was segfaulting or going to an infinite loop.

After google'ing I found on launchpad the bug:

Following the indications, I rebuilt qemu with an higher initrd load
address and the kernel booted correctly.

I am trying to make the things easier and/or to fail gracefully with
patchset but I am not familiar with the ARM architecture neither qemu
internals, so may be I am totally wrong :)

The first patch raise an error if there is an overlapping error.
But the two next patches makes to compute automatically an address
for initrd to loaded.

Daniel Lezcano (3):
   arm : raise an error if the kernel size will overlap the initrd
   arm : factor out set_kernel_args[_old]
   arm : make initrd load address dynamic

  hw/arm-misc.h |    1 +

Hi,

This patchset fix some issues Linaro people are facing when they are trying to boot a big kernel. Any chance someone has time to review the patchset ? Is the patchset acceptable for upstream merge ?

thanks in advance
  -- Daniel