qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Feature request

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Feature request
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:47:19 +0200

Am 17.09.2010 09:15, schrieb Stefan Weil:
Am 16.09.2010 23:56, schrieb Frans de Boer:
Dear Reader,

When I switch with SHIFT-CTRL-ALT-2 to the monitor mode, the resolution
of the used window goes back to 640*480. There a lot of command
available and typing help lists then all. in one long list without pause
to examine the commands. Is there a way to have a help listing per
screen instead of one long list. It's a rather limited way to display
the long help list, but now I need the manual next to it which manual is
always out of place somewhere but not nearby when and if I need it.

Hope to hear from one of you,
Regards,
Frans.

* You can scroll back (using key ctrl + page up).
* You can change the source code (vl.c, function call monitor_parse)
* You can set a larger size for the monitor window using command
  line options (this worked once, but I could not get it working now).
  qemu -serial mon:vc:160Cx48C should double the monitor window size.

Regards,
Stefan

This command line creates a large monitor window (160 columns x 48 lines):

    qemu -monitor vc:160Cx48C

You can also specify the window size in pixels:

    qemu -monitor vc:1280x960 (or any size which your monitor can display)

Regards,
Stefan