qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] not able to install windows NT

From: Bhasker C V
Subject: [Qemu-devel] not able to install windows NT
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 12:54:30 +0100 (BST)

Hi all,

 I have been trying to install windows NT 4.0 with qemu
A] The version I had taken was qemu-0.13.0-rc1.tar.gz
   after compiling I found that version still shows (with qemu --version
   as

QEMU emulator version 0.12.90, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard

B]

When tried to install NT workstation (4.0) with this version the NT workstation intial (dos mode) installation works fine and when the NT installation kernel starts, it just crashes with display corruption.

I have attached the image snapshot with this mail.
Is there a known issue that qemu cannot install older versions of operating systems ?

C]
When I use it in my machine (which is a 32 bit debian running on Pentium M 2 GHz IBM-X32 ) I am not able to use kqemu with this version. I can see that it is deprecated but there used to be a switch -kernel-kqemu which is not present anymore. Is there any other way I can use kqemu which can make things faster in my system ?

thanks

Regards

Bhasker C V
Registered linux user #306349