qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for Oct 19

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for Oct 19
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 08:02:07 -0500

On 10/20/2010 03:21 AM, Alexander Graf wrote:
Live snapshots
- merge snapshot?
  - already supported, question about mgmt of snapshot chain
- integrate with fsfreeze (and windows alternative)

Guest Agent
- have one coming RSN (poke Anthony for details)
Would there be a chance to have a single agent for everyone, so that we
actually form a Qemu agent instead of a dozen individual ones? I'm mainly
thinking Spice here.

Our main design points are to keep the code simple with few dependencies and to provide interfaces that have the maximum amount of flexibility.

Having a single agent (not an agent framework) is important if we want these interfaces to be ubiquitous. This really means that the guest agent should be part of the QEMU source tree IMHO so that there is always a standard version of the agent.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Alex