qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: backdoor

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: backdoor
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 18:06:35 -0500

On 10/25/2010 05:48 PM, Lluís wrote:
For instance, a CPUID leaf could be used in the 0x40001xxx range.
Right, I commented this in a previous mail as a much nicer way to do it,
but I was just too lazy to look up how CPUID works and instead ported
the implementation I already had in bochs :)

Although I can port it to CPUID if people find it useful to have
upstream. I just need a way to provide an immediate and a register-based
argument (at the same time), which does not require executing more than
a couple of extra instructions (right now everything fits on a single
instruction).

Being able te receive back information would be a plus, which I think
CPUID already does to return its results; although I think the ISA says
that _all_ registers are "used" after executing it.

I think just the base 6 GP registers. I don't think any of the extended registers in 64-bit mode are affected but I would have to look it up.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Lluis