qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum

From: wolfgang mueller
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 15:54:28 +0100

Alexander,
the people we are addressing and we would like to bring together is from the QEMU emulation community. We are interested in running different ISAs mainly under Linux and Windows versions. There is a huge additional interest from industry for this part to QEMU for embedded systems/SW development. The focus we have chosen for the DATE conference is SystemC integration with QEMU emulation since the embedded systems and SystemC community meets at DATE so that we expect several people from them to attend. However, as already written, we basically failed to find any indication for contact point for the emulation community. Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Virtualization is not of any interest in that workshop as there if course already exists the KVM forum you refered to. I understood from the available information and contacts that there is a common consensus that the QEMU virtualization community is denoted as "KVM community" and not as "QEMU community" which also brings the difference to the point, right? My understanding so far is that "QEMU community" refers mainly to the software emulation
people part.

PS: I have no idea about the number of people who are on the address@hidden list we are cc'ing. I hope there are not too many and that they are interested in our communication. Otherwise, I apologize.

w.