qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 23:53:35 +0100

Hello,

Am 25.11.2010 um 12:03 schrieb Alexander Graf:

On 25.11.2010, at 11:30, wolfgang mueller wrote:

For the future, we are currently not planning a second Users' Forum and we are open to forward the organization of a second workshop
to anybody else.

Why don't you simply take this event as a first trigger to organize an QEMU conference for Developers and users.
We can help you by forwarding the email addresses of some of the people. I can also help you if you want.
This can be the start of a real great effort with huge benefit to the community.

As stated above, things are more difficult than that, but I agree. We do have annual KVM Forum meetings where we gather all the virtualization people from Qemu as well and talk about things there. The slides and recordings are publicly available, if you're interested: http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/KVM_Forum_2010. In general, people surrounding KVM meet quite a bit.

For the emulation side, things look different. I'm not aware of any traction on the emulation side of Qemu. Getting people together for that one is certainly lacking. I'm not sure I'm the right person to talk to there. If nobody else steps up, I could barely play the role of someone who knows what he's talking about, but I'm myself more of a virtualization person too.

What about doing some kind of QEMU-focussed meeting at FOSDEM 2011? That event is much more open to actual users than some academic/commercial conference with registration.

Andreas