qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum

From: François Revol
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 01:05:37 +0100

>>> For the emulation side, things look different. I'm not aware of any
>>> traction on the emulation side of Qemu. Getting people together for that
>>> one is certainly lacking. I'm not sure I'm the right person to talk to
>>> there. If nobody else steps up, I could barely play the role of someone who
>>> knows what he's talking about, but I'm myself more of a virtualization
>>> person too.
>>
>> What about doing some kind of QEMU-focussed meeting at FOSDEM 2011? That
>> event is much more open to actual users than some academic/commercial
>> conference with registration.
>
> That might indeed be interesting. Are the registrations open still?

Not for the devrooms proposals, no.
Last year I managed the AltOS devroom, it was really interesting. I actually
tried to get some talks about QEMU but I never get any reply btw :^)
I'm way too busy this year to even think about it.

However the CFP from the selected devroom themselves are mostly open:
http://fosdem.org/2011/call_for_participation
It might be possible to sneak in the embedded devroom for example, or the
virtualization one which seems to be quite on topic. They cite OSZOO topic, I
might try a talk about haiku.php I suppose.

François.