qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 14:54:07 +0100

On 25.11.2010, at 15:54, wolfgang mueller wrote:

> Alexander,
> the people we are addressing and we would like to bring together is from the
> QEMU emulation community.
> We are interested in running different ISAs mainly under Linux and Windows
> versions. There is a huge additional
> interest from industry for this part to QEMU for embedded systems/SW
> development. The focus we have chosen
> for the DATE conference is SystemC integration with QEMU emulation since the
> embedded systems and SystemC
> community meets at DATE so that we expect several people from them to attend.
> However, as already written, we
> basically failed to find any indication for contact point for the emulation
> community. Any pointers are highly appreciated.
>
> Virtualization  is not of any interest in that workshop as there if course
> already exists the KVM forum you refered to.
> I understood from the available information and contacts that there is a
> common consensus that the QEMU
> virtualization community is denoted as "KVM community" and not as "QEMU
> community" which also brings the
> difference to the point, right? My understanding so far is that "QEMU
> community" refers mainly to the software emulation
> people part.
>
> PS: I have no idea about the number of people who are on the address@hidden
> list we are cc'ing.
> I hope there are not too many and that they are interested in our
> communication. Otherwise, I apologize.

Peter, Arnd,

Do you have any interest in representing the qemu community at this event? I
just talked to Wolfgang on the phone and apparently this event will be very CPU
emulation and embedded focused. Both of you come to mind there because both of
you know the processes of qemu, so you could help them out and both of you have
some interest in at least ARM.

Please let Wolgang know asap (preferably CC'ing qemu-devel), so we can be
assured that someone from the community will make his way there.

Alex