qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:03:34 -0600

On 11/26/2010 09:15 AM, Alexander Graf wrote:
On 26.11.2010, at 15:21, Anthony Liguori wrote:

On 11/26/2010 08:15 AM, Jes Sorensen wrote:
I would be all in favor of this! Do you want to attach it to another
conference or totally standalone?

Attaching is easier logistically but I don't know how much that helps if it's a
full 3 days instead of just a single day.  Might be worth poking the LF folks
for some advice.

But the key point is breadth, it should not be a "KVM Forum" but rather an Open
Virtualization conference with topics as high level as cloud software automation and as
low level as asynchronous page faults :-)
In general I like the idea of being close to the Linux kernel folks. Exactly
for the collaboration effects. Why not do it similar to how Plumbers and
Linuxcon were done last year? Have them follow each other at the same location,
so people interested in both can attend both.

Yeah, but my real goal is to have you (and all of the other KVM folks) spend less time with kernel folks and more time with folks in the higher level parts of the virtualization stack :-)

I think 10% of our future challenges are how we interact with the kernel. I think we need to focus a bit more on the other 90% interactions--I think we have the 10% covered pretty well already.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Alex