qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU 0.14.0 release plan

From: Brian Jackson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU 0.14.0 release plan
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 16:06:49 -0600

On Monday, November 29, 2010 11:42:49 am Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 0.13 was a mess of a release (largely due to my lack of time) and I'd
> like to get us back onto a predictable schedule.
>
> Here's what I propose:
>
> 12/6 - fork off stable-0.14 tree; simultaneously release qemu-0.14.0-rc0

Have you considered a frozen master style release like other projects use?
(Linux kernel, etc.)

Every project I follow that does this "branch stable keep master moving"
release thing has terrible releases every time. Patches don't make it back
into stable,etc... Basically a lot of the same stuff we saw for 0.13.