qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Displaying serial terminals on qemu

From: Stevens, Weston
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Displaying serial terminals on qemu
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 14:37:14 -0800 (PST)

I run Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and have qemu 0.12.3. For a class project, we are
building our own pseudo-linux operating system, so we have our own kernel AND
user processes that we built, and we run this OS from a virtual floppy disk. So
we don't borrow anything from the Ubuntu host OS like the login, init, sh, etc
process images, just the ones we wrote ourselves that exist on the floppy's
file system.

I'd like to configure qemu to not just display tty0, but ALSO display virtual
serial terminals ttyS0 and ttyS1. Then I will run an instance of the login
process that I wrote on each of them and go from there. Help appreciated!