qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Can any one help me?

From: Artyom Tarasenko
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Can any one help me?
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:53:14 +0100

2010/12/14 欧阳晓华 <address@hidden>:

> I use qemu-0.13.0, and I want to emulate SPARC system,
> I did these:
> 1.qemu-img create solaris.img 10G
> 2.qemu-system-sparc -m 256 -hda solaris.img -boot d -cdrom
> sol-9-905-sparc.iso
> 3.qemu reported "Unhandled Exception 0X00000007", and then "Stopping
> execution"
> Any one known why this happened?

OpenBIOS doesn't support Solaris yet. Mark Cave-Ayland is working on
it, and making progress but it's not ready yet. If you are interested
in helping the OpenBIOS project, please subscribe to the mailinglist
address@hidden

Otherwise there is a how-to describing booting some Solaris/sparc
versions using a proprietary firmware:
http://tyom.blogspot.com/2009/12/solaris-under-qemu-how-to.html

--
Regards,