qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU forks survey

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU forks survey
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 22:16:47 +0100

Peter,

Am 21.12.2010 um 20:04 schrieb Peter Maydell:

http://meego.gitorious.org/qemu-maemo/qemu

That fork includes OMAP3 support (needed for beagle) and also a large
set of bugfixes for various ARM TCG issues which I've been trying to
get reviewed and into upstream. (If anybody has suggestions on the
best way to move forward with that I'd welcome them. So far I have been working on the "start at one end, test and submit patch series" basis...)

Your work is much appreciated. ARM patches seem to have been neglected for some time.

My suggestion would be to set up an official feature repository somewhere (like Kevin's "block" branch) and queue the patches there for Anthony or someone to pull and to let downstreams rebase against that. If you don't get review comments within, say, two weeks, just queue them for the next pull. That should keep things moving.

You should also submit a patch to add yourself to MAINTAINERS [1] to be cc'ed on future ARM patches.

Regards,
Andreas

[1] While the file header documents the 'T:' section, nobody seems to be using it yet. Would be nice to document that info there as well.