qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] checking the number of target cpu cycles or instruction

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] checking the number of target cpu cycles or instructions executed
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 18:42:13 +0100

Hi,

Am 22.12.2010 um 13:19 schrieb Stefano Bonifazi:

how can I check the number of target cpu cycles or target instructions executed inside qemu-user (i.e. qemu-ppc)?
Is there any variable I can inspect for such informations?

QEMU's emulation is not cycle-accurate, so you will not be able to retrieve CPU cycle info to my knowledge.

As for instructions, take a look at the -icount option.

Andreas