qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [FYI 4/4] prep: Quickfix for ioport

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [FYI 4/4] prep: Quickfix for ioport
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 01:25:04 +0100

Am 27.12.2010 um 01:11 schrieb Alexander Graf:

Am 27.12.2010 um 00:28 schrieb Andreas Färber <address@hidden>:

Am 14.12.2010 um 01:49 schrieb Andreas Färber:

Workaround the following error:

qemu: hardware error: register_ioport_read: invalid opaque

I found out that this is a conflict with i8042 registering I/O port 0x0092 in pckbd.c, too. Not sure what the proper fix should look like - add some qdev property to ISAKBDState to disable the port?

Well, why does the PREP board have its own mapping there in the first place? It should be the same as a PC from a port pov, no?

Why does the i8042 controller have a System Control Port in the first place rather than the 'pc' machine? :)

The PReP spec v1.1 has a Special Port 0x0092 that includes two bits of significence - softreset and endian mode. So wherever the port is registered, the latter behavior is board-specific and does not match pckbd.c (A20 gate or HDD activity depending on bit numbering).

A similar issue arises between PReP machines: The ioport currently does not allow using a different opaque for reads and writes to the same address. So either we need to change ioport or create some inheritence/override mechanism for port behavior.

Andreas