qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu branching internal questions

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu branching internal questions
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 22:05:36 -0500

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 21:04, Edgar E. Iglesias wrote:
> You'll have to check the details in the code but I hope this gets
> you going.

thanks, that info was perfect.  it allowed me to understand better
what qemu actually was doing and track down the problem.  i thought
the infinite loop/hang was due to my jump code being wrong when it
turned out my tcg_gen_setcondi_tl was accidentally passing the same
two registers (typo in the 2nd arg).

now that i know that i can rely on searching for the pc all the time
via tcg_gen_exit_tb(0), i can focus on making things functional.  then
i can refocus on optimizing things via direct chaining.

your help has saved me a ton of time !  i'll see about turning it into
the wiki and/or tcg/README to help others in the future.
-mike