qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Linux as VirtualBox quest OS with QEMU running Solaris

From: Mateusz Loskot
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Linux as VirtualBox quest OS with QEMU running Solaris
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:38:55 +0000

On 10/01/11 22:18, Stefan Weil wrote:
Am 10.01.2011 18:59, schrieb Mateusz Loskot:
On 10/01/11 17:08, Stefan Weil wrote:
Am 10.01.2011 12:19, schrieb Mateusz Loskot:
On 07/01/11 18:15, Stefan Weil wrote:
There are no precompiled windows binaries of current qemu,
so you will have to compile them yourself (which is not difficult
once you have the correct mingw environment).

Great. I think I should be able to do that.

Which version of QEMU source code should I grab?
Latest stable or development version from Git repo?

I suggest using QEMU git master. You could try the binaries
from my website: http://www.weilnetz.de/qemu/

Stefan,

Thank you very much!
So far, I have tried to use versions of QEMU from Qemu Manager 0.7
as well as QEMU 0.13 from
http://homepage3.nifty.com/takeda-toshiya/
but without any luck. I suppose it's because these versions do not
have most recent OpenBIOS usable with SPARC.

I quickly tried your binaries and it looks I have to run them from
within MSYS environment, isn't it?
I'm getting runtime error reporting msys-z.dll is missing.

The missing dll(s) are now available at http://www.weilnetz.de/qemu/.

I grabbed the recent version from http://www.weilnetz.de/qemu/2011-01-10/
and the three DLLs from the http://www.weilnetz.de/qemu/
but the msys-z.dll is still reported as missing.

I tried to find instructions on building QEMU with MinGW.
No luck. Is there anything available?

There are some instructions in qemu-doc.html.
The main problem is getting a really complete MinGW environment.
Then running

./configure
make
make install