qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Errors on MMIO read access on VM suspend / resume opera

From: Stefan Berger
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Errors on MMIO read access on VM suspend / resume operations
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 22:03:42 -0500

On 01/16/2011 09:43 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
On 01/14/2011 09:27 PM, Stefan Berger wrote:

Can you sprinkle some printfs() arount kvm_run (in qemu-kvm.c) to verify this?

Here's what I did:

interrupt exit requested

It appears from this you're using qemu.git. Please try qemu-kvm.git, where the code appears to be correct.

Cc'ing qemu-devel now. For reference, here the initial problem description:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/kvm/msg48274.html

I didn't know there was another tree...

I have seen now a couple of suspends-while-reading with patches applied to the qemu-kvm.git tree and indeed, when run with the same host kernel and VM I do not see the debugging dumps due to double-reads that I would have anticipated seeing by now. Now what? Can this be easily fixed in the other Qemu tree as well?

One thing I'd like to mention is that I have seen what I think are interrupt stalls when running my tests inside the qemu-kvm.git tree version and not suspending at all. A some point the interrupt counter in the guest kernel does not increase anymore even though I see the device model raising the IRQ and lowering it. The same tests run literally forever in the qemu.git tree version of Qemu.

Regards,
   Stefan