qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu signal handling

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu signal handling
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 08:30:54 +0000

On 21 January 2011 03:34, maheen butt <address@hidden> wrote:
> In QEMU code almost every signal is handled then why this warning is
> generated from syscall.c
> #elif defined(TARGET_ABI_MIPSN64)
>
> # warning signal handling not implemented

This is in the Linux user-mode code, which has to correctly
emulate calling a signal handler in the program being run.
This requires (among other things) setting up a structure
with all the CPU registers in the right place, which we
will pass to the signal handler. So it is both CPU specific,
and specific to the ABI being used by the program being run.
For this particular case (MIPS CPU and the N64 or N32 ABI)
the code has not been implemented. So we print a warning
at compile time, and at runtime we will not correctly run
programs which use signals.

-- PMM