qemu-devel

Re: [Spice-devel] [Qemu-devel] usb redirection status report

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Spice-devel] [Qemu-devel] usb redirection status report
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:33:26 +0100

On 01/21/11 14:41, Alexander Graf wrote:

On 21.01.2011, at 14:33, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately there has been little response to this patch set,
so I've no idea when it will get merged.

(this seems to be the story with a lot of qemu patch sets here
on the list, like Gerd's usb descriptor rehandling patches,
maybe we need to review how qemu's patch merging processes
work?)

IIUC the main problem is that we have no active usb maintainer
and Anthony wants people to volunteer themselves instead of just
assigning them to be one :).

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/spice/qemu/commit/?h=usb.4&id=5d0d62feee8aa75525207ef24919c0522651a432

Thanks for stepping up :). Since you volunteered, I guess it's your
role to review those patches then, despite that maintainers commit
not being upstream yet.

They are sitting in my inbox, waiting for the usb patch queue being merged+flushed. I can't stack up stuff endlessly, the patch queue is quite big as-is already ...

cheers,
  Gerd