qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ARM] Contributing tests for Neon

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ARM] Contributing tests for Neon
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:25:05 +0000

On 21 January 2011 10:07, Christophe Lyon <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have developed some tests for ARM-Neon in the form of C sources files
> calling ARM Neon intrinsics, and comparing the results of the resulting
> program with a known reference (eg execution on actual CPU) shows
> if the execution engine is follows the spec.
>
> These tests currently represent 750KB of sources (150 files, 12000 lines),

That's a larger and more comprehensive test suite than I was
expecting :-)  (which is fantastic)

> I have a few questions on how to proceed:
> - we wish to release the files under the MIT license, is it OK to deliver
> them as-is in the 'tests' qemu subdir?
> - given the size of the whole stuff, I don't think it's suitable that I
> send it on the list for review, what should I do?

How about you make it available somewhere (tarball via http, git
repository on gitorious, or other method of your choice) for the
moment? Then we can take a look at it and proceed from there.

> - at the time of writing, GCC/ARM fails to compile those tests correctly,
> and I rely on ARM's compiler to generate my reference executable and
> output. Is it acceptable that the Makefile references armcc?

This is gcc bugs rather than the test sources using armcc-specific
syntax, right?

-- PMM