qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: TCG flow vs dyngen

From: Stefano Bonifazi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: TCG flow vs dyngen
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:23:08 +0100

Hi!

Thank you for answering me!

If I understand this correctly, the execution of one of your PPC cores
is oblivious of the others (they share no guest physical memory).

No! They do share the same address space.. the way I am loading the different qemu-ppc instances divides their namespaces allowing them to coexist, but they share the same address space anyway (that is the same of the caller process too), that is what I want for a communication. The problem is that they are at the same time oblivious of the others and each of them wants to map its target binary at the same unique virtual address (again see my last post about relocating target code).. I tried successfully the way of IPC (interprocess communication) having a different qemu-ppc spawned by systemc as a process, then using shared memory and signals for communicating.. pretty easy and well working, but the specs of my project (university) do not let me using IPC..

[1] http://sites.google.com/site/hplabscotson/
Thank you, I am a student of digital electronics, with not big knowledge about developing in linux but this project is very interesting for my field.. some sort of alternative to systemc if I understand fine! Thanks surely I'll have a look at that!
Best regards!
Stefano B.