qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-user: relocating target code weakness

From: Stefano Bonifazi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-user: relocating target code weakness
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 22:44:09 +0100

Yes.  Have a look at

   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2010-07/msg01626.html

where I tried to clean this up last year.  The patch never got properly
reviewed, however.

All that said, unless you have an executable that's been properly
prepared for relocation, e.g. an ET_DYN binary instead of a normal
ET_EXEC binary, you will *not* have enough information to do what
you're suggesting.

r~
Wow wonderful! So you fixed the code for PIC (ET_DYN) support? I won't have any problem in producing the target code into pie format, as I am writing, compiling and linking my target code by my own ;) A noob question, how can I get your sources? Is there a simpler solution than "copy&paste" all the code from your messages into patches and then applying them? Can you just send your sources by email? Or can I download them from a site?
I am very eager to study your code and to try it :)
Thank you very much!!
Stefano B.