qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] paravirtual mouse/tablet, v5

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] paravirtual mouse/tablet, v5
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:53:47 +0100

On 01/27/11 15:27, Anthony Liguori wrote:
On 01/27/2011 07:11 AM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
Hi,

Next revision the pvmouse protocol. It is quite different now, I've
decided to move to a model with one message per updated value, simliar
to the linux input layer. There isn't a "mouse move" message any more.
A mouse move event will be three messages now: one to update X, one to
update Y and a third sync message to mark the end of the message
block. That should be *alot* easier to extend in the future.

Header file is attached. Comments are welcome.

I can't comment on the multitouch bits but I like the new interface.

BTW: Is there any plan for guest code already? Should it stay within the qemu source tree, in a guest/ directory maybe? pvmouse daemon would live there, also the upcoming guest agent bits.

Before finally committing to some protocol I'd like to have at least a simple proof-of-concept which is able to handle all the mouse events the current qemu mouse infrastructure is able to handle.

Oh, and we'll have to define endianness of course so it keeps working if host and guest have a different byteorder. I'd suggest to pick network byte order aka bigendian.

cheers,
  Gerd