qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [Spice-devel] paravirtual mouse/tablet, v5

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Spice-devel] paravirtual mouse/tablet, v5
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 16:32:40 +0100

  Hi,

typedef struct qemu_pvmouse_ack {
     uint32_t features; /* qemu_pvtable_features */

Why does this comment say "qemu_pvtable_features" and the one above
says "qemu_pvmouse_features"?

Not intentional, will fix. Leftover because it is misspelled (t in table*t* missing), so the search+replace didn't catch it.

};

enum qemu_pvmouse_axis_type {
     /* absolute */
     QEMU_PVMOUSE_AXIS_POS_X = 1,
     QEMU_PVMOUSE_AXIS_POS_Y,
     QEMU_PVMOUSE_AXIS_PRESSURE,

So is the concensus to not treat 3d mice as core protocol?
just a AXIS_POS_Z and AXIS_REL_Z I think would be simple to
add. Running cad apps in a vm seems possible.

That list isn't meant to be complete, I'll happily take suggestions for axises we should add here. *_Z for a 3d mouse certainly is reasonable.

What's the outcome of the discussion with Peter? wasn't there
a suggestion to send information from the host to the guest about
monitor configuration, so guest can do inverse to send correct
coordinates to host?

Yep. I think that isn't something for the pvmouse but for vdagent though. In the simplest case make VDAgentMonitorsConfig bidirectional, so the guest can send feedback to the spice client and inform how the actual configuration looks like.

cheers,
  Gerd