qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] RE: RFC: New API for PPC for vcpu mmu access

From: Yoder Stuart-B08248
Subject: [Qemu-devel] RE: RFC: New API for PPC for vcpu mmu access
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 22:34:32 +0000

Yes, we thought about that approach but the idea here, as Scott
described, was to provide an API that could work if user space
is unaware of the geometry of the TLB.

Take a look at Power ISA Version 2.06.1 (on power.org) at the definition
of TLBnCFG in Book E.  The NENTRY and ASSOC fields now have meaning that
allow TLB geometries that cannot be described in the TLBnCFG
registers.

I think the use case where this API would be used the most
would be from a gdb stub that needed to look up an effective
address.

Stuart