qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] New stable branch information

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] New stable branch information
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 20:26:29 +0100

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 06:25:26AM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> To help make the stable branch more active than it has been in the
> past, I'd like to split the stable branch into a separate tree to
> allow the tree to develop a life of its own over time.
>
> I'd like to begin this process with 0.14 and as such, have created a
> new stable tree at git://git.qemu.org/qemu-stable-0.14.git.
>
> Justin Forbes has volunteered to help collect patches for this tree.
> The same stable rules still apply: patches should go into master
> first except for rare exceptions where that's feasible.

I think this kind of job is more than just collecting patches, it also
means following the development, to identify patches that may apply to
stable, possibly asking the authors their opinion if the patch should be
applied to stable.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net