qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] X86 Debian <== guest ... ARM based Linux <== host ?

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] X86 Debian <== guest ... ARM based Linux <== host ?
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 21:14:15 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:45:29AM -0700, AGSCalabrese wrote:
> Is it possible to run X86 Debian as a guest where ARM based Linux is the host
> ?
>
> I have a GuruPlug ( ARM based ) running Ubuntu.
> http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/t-guruplugdetails.aspx
>
> I would like to run RealBasic software ( Linux version ) which only runs on
> the X86 architecture.
> http://www.realsoftware.com/realstudio/
>
> Is this possible ?

Yes, it is possible to run a x86 guest on an ARM platform thanks to
QEMU. You have to expect something quite slow though. Note that there
are some bug in host ARM support in previous released versions, so I
advise you to use either the current git version, or the just release
0.14-rc0 pre-version.

Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net